Crayfish is rare in Malaysia so if you like it or been thinking about eating it, consider going to IKEA’s Crayfish Party this August.
Crayfish which is also called crawfish or crawdad, are closely related to the lobster. More than half of the more than 500 species occur in North America, particularly Kentucky (Mammoth Cave) and Louisiana in the Mississippi basin.
Crayfish also live in Europe, New Zealand, East Asia and throughout the world, including the Tristan da Cunha Islands. Nearly all live in freshwater, although a few survive in salt water. Crayfish are characterised by a joined head and thorax, or midsection, and a segmented body, which is sandy yellow, green, or dark brown in colour. The head has a sharp snout, and the eyes are on movable stalks. Crayfish are usually about 7.5 cm (3 inches) long.
If you’ve never eaten crayfish before, why not be a little bid adventurous and try it for once? You can go in a group and experience the tastiness of crayfish!
Crayfish Party Details
- When? 14 August 2015
- Time? 5.30pm – 7.30pm or 8pm – 10pm (Buffet line will be closed 15 minutes before the stated end time)
- Where to get tickets? Tickets are available for purchase at the IKEA Restaurant and Swedish Food Market.
- Price? IKEA FAMILY member & 3 guests is RM35/each, Kids 4-12 years old is RM15 and Kids under 4 years old is Free.
If you’re an IKEA FAMILY member, you will receive a RM10 IKEA voucher and guests will each receive a RM5 IKEA voucher.
Crayfish Party Menu
- Green salad
- Cucumber salad
- Hardboiled eggs with mayo and shrimp
- Shell on prawns
- IKEA Crispbread
- IKEA Crisprolls
- Thin bread
- Mashed Potatoes
- Assorted cake
- Almond Cake
- Soft drink
- Hot Beverage (Coffee / Tea)
As I said earlier, this doesn’t happen often so take the opportunity to be there!